STARTING AT $1995
Evolution Powersports Ultimate clutching packages are the best setups designed to deliver maximum performance, adjustability, versatility & belt life. Select the clutch kit corresponding to your engine horsepower level from the drop down menu below.
All Kits Include:
- Primary Spring
- 6 Arm Weights
- Billet Adjustable Helix w/ billet bearing housing
- Non-Marring tip for the OEM belt changing tool
- Billet sheave/belt holder to help adjust the billet helix
Both trail and sand setups can be achieved with the components provided in each clutch kit due to the wide range of adjustability the Shift-Tek clutch kits allow. Detailed instructions are included to help guide the installer to a proper setup for most tire selections and riding styles.
If for some reason the packages listed below do not work for your vehicle or if you plan power upgrades in the future – no problem! EVP allows you to trade in weights* for heavier or lighter depending upon what your vehicle needs. This is a no fee service – you only pay for shipping both ways. Our knowledgeable sales staff can help you in dialing vehicle.
THE EVP DIFFERENCE
Clutch Weights: The EVP/QSC primary weights have many innovative features which set them apart from the others on the market.
- Our weights are made from hardened carbon steel which make them much stronger compared to other weights on the market which can break under hard use.
- EVP/QSC weights are different color zinc coated which add another layer of protection while keeping them looking new and to aid in identification during installation.
- The primary clutch must remain balanced therefore weights of the same color are installed opposite one another. Since some kits require 3 different mass weights, having them color coded eliminates any confusion.
- Our built in, shouldered bushing is a unique feature that only our weights have.
- By having the bushing machined and pressed into the arm, it eliminates the need to reinstall the OEM washers on each side of the weight which is frustrating especially if you lose one during installation.
- The OEM weights have a very shallow or flat arc which contributes to a lazy shift pattern.
- Our weights have a more aggressive arc which makes for much quicker upshift and backshift.
- Additionally, except for our big turbo applications where additional mass is required, the weights are kept thin without excessive mass on the tip for quicker backshift.
Billet Helix / Bearing Housing: The EVP billet adjustable secondary helix and bearing housing is not only a work of art but adds a new level of functionality and adjustability to the OEM secondary clutch. Borrowing experience from our early snowmobiling days, we wanted to make it easy to adjust the torsion spring which in turn drastically affects the operating rpm of the engine. Many consumers don’t understand how the spring holes effect the shift pattern or how to change it in the stock helix. Complicating matters is the difficulty involved in disassembly/reassembly and requiring specialty tools for the OEM setup. Once installed, the EVP Shift-Tek billet helix and bearing housing solves these issues by easily allowing 90 degrees of spring tension adjustment without disassembling the clutch. The advantage is you can increase or decrease your operating rpm just by changing the clocking of the billet bearing housing in relationship to the helix.
- Adjustments are performed in 10 degree increments simply by loosening the outer socket head cap screws and twisting the cap to the next recessed bolt locations.
- A customer can take an X3 setup for trail and bring the vehicle to the dunes with only minor clutching adjustments!
- Our unique setup allows up to 400 rpm of adjustment with a simple rotation of the bearing cap.
- Another unique feature of our bearing housing is a 30% increase of the integrated bushing.
- Increased bearing surface area equals better sheave parallelism which in turn means more consistent belt grip and belt life.
Clutch Springs: Our proprietary springs are manufactured from the highest quality Chrome Silicon steel, then shot peened and preset to relive stress for a long life.
- Our different primary springs are matched to the different clutch weights / clutch kits to deliver the desired engagement RPM’s.
Finally, we engineered the boss on the bearing housing to have an inverted cone shape so sand, dirt and water is ejected from the sliding surface rather than sticking to the surfaces which can damage the bushing. During testing of our clutching components, we drove with the clutch cover off to make sure they would be durable in sandy and dusty conditions however WE ALWAYS recommend driving with the clutch cover ON